Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Lucy!!!

Today is Lucy's birthday. The first thing she said this morning when she woke up was, "Mom, am I five now?!!" Last week Lucy was telling me her favorite color was red but it would be purple when she's five. Guess what her favorite color is now.
Today was her special day at preschool. I grabbed the cupcakes, strawberries, and grapes for her to share and we ran out the door. Ten minutes later I realized I forgot to have her bring her favorite toy. They only get to do that on their special day. I felt terrible. Then I looked around the car and saw a little bird from a kid's meal she had several months ago. Voila! Problem solved. She was thrilled.
That's Lucy for you. I could probably tell her that we cancelled her birthday this year (as my loving brothers always did to me) and after a brief moment of sadness, she'd say something like, "I know! We can pretend it's my birthday!" I love her! She's always making the best of things.
Today also happens to be my brother's birthday. Happy birthday Bret! Oh wait, they cancelled it this year. Sorry.

6 comments:

Spiff said...

I don't know why I keep getting blamed for all of the things that Jeff did.

Jennifer said...

OH my gosh, I totally forgot Lucy's B-day party. I hope Kate doesn't catch on, she will never forgive me! We have a present for her and everything too. We will have to bring it by. Tomorrow is too busy so maybe Wednesday. Happy birthday to a shinning start of Eternal happiness:-)

Fisher Family said...

Happy Birthday Lucy..Cora wanted to send you a big birthday hug. Miss you. Love your optimism it's contagious.

Jamie C. said...

Happy 5th birthday to you Lucy.
Gabs said something today about Lucy asking Miles about crumbs and then started cracking up. I guess I had to be at the party to get that one, but apparently it was a riot. Funny kids!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday lucy!--she really is a sweetheart.

Cathy said...

Yay Lucy!Emma sends big birthday wishes to you and she still talks about your ladybug party last year!Happy Birthday!