Monday, September 29, 2008

Farewell Good Friends

As some of you know our dear friends the Tiemeiers are moving away in less than 48 hours. What happened? Where did the time go? I just barely got to where I can finally spell their name right! They moved here just a month or two after us. I don't like the thought of them not being around. It doesn't seem right. I hate the thought of Relief Society without Tara's outgoing personality. I love how she's never afraid to talk to anyone and you know she'll tell you exactly what's on her mind. I love how she'll ask you hard questions that really make you think and look at the truth. I love how much she cares about people. Ask anyone who has ever been to the credit union where she worked. Everyone knows her!
I love the dedication of the Tiemeiers. I love their unwavering faith and their desire to share it with anyone who will listen. I will forever be grateful for the experience of going through the temple with them. I will miss Nathan's sense of humor. Just thinking of him laughing makes me laugh. I will miss seeing a big smile on his face because heaven knows he'll never smile for the camera. I will miss Alexis's happy and caring personality. There will be a huge hole left when they leave. Thank you Tiemeiers for the lasting impression you've left on our hearts. We'll miss you.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

And thank you, Heather and Matt, for your awesome example of member missionary work. Words just can't express how in awe I am of what you have done--more than once--with such a natural ease. You are amazing people, and I'm happy to know you. (Now go to bed!! It's late!!) =)

The Seaquist Family said...

I didn't know they were moving...to where??? We felt to blessed to get to know them through the temple prep class. I told Derek that calling was the best ever because you get to meet the most motivated people - anyone getting ready to go through the temple has got to motivated. We just love them!

Rebecca said...

Hi Heather, I found your blog through someone else in the Fort Lewis ward. Seems like it was Heather Shelton. Anyway . . .

*Thank you* for this post! So good to hear of joyful events. I hope the Army is moving them to our post . . .

I sent an invite to our blog to your earthlink account.

Please look at Mt. Rainier for us and say hi to Matt and kids,
All the best,
Rebecca :)

Anonymous said...

your right they were totally awesome and great to have in the ward. they'll be missed. and for the record i still can't spell their name right?:(

Cathy said...

You are right-on with everything you said about Tara. She is amazing. I always felt comfortable around her, she is so friendly and outgoing! What a great family. Oh, it's so hard to be in or near the military when you make good friends and then have to leave them.

mom said...

Well said. How will I get through Sunday School without them holding a baby? I hope they know how much they will be missed.

Jamie C. said...

They will certainly be missed. I love Tara's laugh! I had no idea you introduced them to the church! Both your family and their family are amazing!