My husband. I love him. He's more than I could ever ask for. He's a great listener. You know when you get so tired that you can't even focus? Your eyes roll back in your head and you repeatedly bring yourself back to life. He does that. I'll be blabbering on and on while he's fighting his need for sleep but he'll never give in until I'm finished. Sometimes he loses the battle with his body but not after a good fight. He always puts me first.I love how hard he works. I love how seriously he takes his role as the breadwinner all while making it clear that the whole purpose for his job is to make our life possible. He tries so hard to excel in his job and does very well at it in my opinion but I know he'd drop it all in a second if it was necessary for our family.
I love his sense of humor. He can get me laughing like no one else. I'm laughing right now thinking of things he says. I love hearing him from the other room using humor to get our girls to clean. I love how sometimes he makes himself laugh harder than anyone else but he just goes on enjoying himself. I may be rolling my eyes but it's kinda cute.
I love how much he supports me. Time and time again there will be an opportunity for me to do something and he's the first one encouraging me to do it. Even if it means that he has to jump through hoops. If I'm gone longer than planned he's always happy for me that I was enjoying myself.
I'm grateful for the patience he has for me. I'm no June Cleaver and he doesn't care. He's too busy telling me how beautiful and talented I am. I know...it sounds too good to be true but it is.
I love the father he is. I love how he reads to our children even if it means I have to tell him to stop so Miles can go to sleep. I love hearing the kids beg for another Polly Pickwick story. He makes them up as he goes borrowing the characters from his own dad's stories. They never fail to get the kids rolling. They know he loves them. They know he would drop everything to give them a hug or uplifting words. (I just asked Lucy what she loves about her dad. She said, "He's always being silly and he wants to talk to me.")
So what did I do to deserve a husband like this? I don't know. I just know I'm blessed more than I deserve.
10 comments:
He sounds like a great catch. Miles looks just like him in your wedding picture but with lighter hair. And you look sooo pretty. He makes me laugh too...
so sweet heather. i bet he was so flattered when he read this. you're pretty great yourself though!
a beautiful tribute. it is always nice to sit and reflect on the reasons we love our spouse. it just makes you feel good all over again.
a beautiful tribute. it is always nice to sit and reflect on the reasons we love our spouse. it just makes you feel good all over again.
You forgot the most important thing about him...He can really pull of eyeliner! Some women would kill for a man like that.
What a great post! I love reading why women love their husbands! its always so sweet to hear about the sensitive sides!
Very sweet, you guys are a great couple! Chad still talks about how much he likes Matt!
so sweet! i just love that picture of you two!
Love your tribute to Matt. You guys are so cute together. Always so happy.
Really great post!! Matt is funny! You guys really have a happy home! What a great life!
Post a Comment