I went to Portland last weekend to attend Time Out For Women, a travelling conference held by Deseret Book. I haven't missed it in four years. It was wonderful! Lots of laughs, feelings of normalcy, moments of inspiration. My favorite quote of the conference was by Emily Watts. She's so funny. She tells her sons, "I give you the gift of an imperfect mom so you won't enter marriage with unrealistic expectations". Don't be surprised if you see that embroidered on a pillow next time you visit.
In addition to the conference I was able to stay with a close friend of mine. Kim and I have known each other for 10 years. She's one of those friends that I can go a year without talking to (not that I'd want to) and we'll pick up right where we left off. After the conference Saturday we went to my favorite restaurant--one that I never need a menu for. The Cheesecake Factory. My lamenting over leaving half of my dulce de leche cheesecake in Kim's refrigerator monopolized my thoughts for half of my drive home Sunday. I guess I'll have to go back :)
3 comments:
I'm glad you got to go to TOFW. It is always so wonderful! Was Portland the closest one this year? I really like that Emily Watts quote. It totally fits!
PS: You have been tagged! Check out my blog for the details!
What a fun trip..definitely go back for your cheesecake! I'm so excited TOFW will be coming near us this spring. Can't wait for some "time out".
How fun! I'm gonna go one of these years!
Post a Comment