Another fun thing about this visit was the extra visitor they brought along--their dog Louis. Our kids have wanted a dog for years. We've tried to talk them out of it. I don't need to expound on the unwanted things that come with a dog. One day Miles said he thought a dog would be a lot less work than gerbils. Hmmm. I thought if my parents brought Louis with them Miles could be in charge of his care and finally see what it means to be a dog owner. The outcome...
My parents are seriously the best house guests. They are so easy to have around and fun to talk to. My mo
m really wanted to go to a tea room that's nearby. It's one of our favorite girly outings. Emily and Lucy love dressing up in different hats and pouring hot cocoa out of their own tea pots. My poor dad got sucked into going with us. Matt had mentioned to the girls that of course Grandpa would want to go because he loves being with hi
s granddaughters. When that story was related to Grandpa, how could he say no? He was a good sport though. He even let Emily put hats on him...kind of.
We also went to IKEA. I haven't been there in so long and I love their lignon berry juice! We spent an evening at Chuck E. Cheese where Miles and Grandpa had an air hockey tournament. I would post the score but I wouldn't want to embarrass my dad ;)
We also went to IKEA. I haven't been there in so long and I love their lignon berry juice! We spent an evening at Chuck E. Cheese where Miles and Grandpa had an air hockey tournament. I would post the score but I wouldn't want to embarrass my dad ;)
We spent an afternoon bowling. Lucy really wanted her friend Adam to go with us. It was so funny to watch each of them with their different bowling styles--if you can call them that. Lucy would set the ball on the ground and push it during the first half of the game then she got a little adventurous and tried to copy the rest of us.
The night before my parents went home we went to one of Lucy's favorite restaurants--Red Robin. Unfortunately we did not have Gloria as a waitress but we still had a great time. My dad kept teasing Emily about taking her shake. She was pretty serious about not letting him get it.
6 comments:
It sounds like a great visit! Your parents are amazing people I'm sure, because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. =)
(And I love it that you mentioned our fave waitress! Immediately "I like to move it move it" is running through my head--ha ha!)
daysavoo! I forgot how to spell daysavoo like that other person! anyway, they are sooooooooo cool aren't they!
I always love it when grandparents come visit our house too. I am glad that you all had such a great time with your folks.
We didn't go to Chuck E. Cheese's! We went to (as my aunt calls it)Chuck Your Cheese!
Oh I love this post Heather, it made me want to see my Mom so much! what a great trip! I saw Emilys blog about you..and I seriously teared up... how sweet she is...and Miles for adding stuff on the comments..and complimenting her as well! You are so awesome, and you have amazing kids as well, I am sooooo Glad that I know you, and hope to get to know you even better!
I'm amazed that you were able to capture such vivid emotions in that first picture! LOL Yeah, it made me miss my mom (and grama), too. Looks like you all had a great time!
Post a Comment