Friday, July 25, 2008

What day of the week is it?


I hate living out of a suitcase. The room I'm staying in at my parents' house looks about the same way the inside of my brain must look. I keep thinking of other people I want to see and other things I want to do before we go home. At the same time I'm approaching that point where I'm longing for a routine and I'd love to have my things in places where they belong. I can't even count how many times I've lost my camera, keys, cell phone (good thing it rings), comb, and um....patience. Turns out keeping the kids up late every night for a week isn't such a good idea.
Last week we went camping in Idaho. We spent some time in Yellowstone. I haven't been there for years. My sister and I had to take off just 20 minutes before Old Faithful was to errupt. We had to get back to camp to help with dinner preparations. Darn. At least our kids got to see it. Matt flew home the next morning and the rest of us spent a few days in Logan. We went to a place where they had go carts for little kids. Lucy and my three year old neice Mallory each had their own car. Watching those two go around the track was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Mallory crashed into the side rail. She was too busy looking at me telling her to watch where she's going. Lucy passed by and Mallory yelled to her for help. Lucy just yelled, "I can't!" and kept on going at full speed. You know that scene in Mr. Bean's Holiday where he tries to steal that man's bike going a whopping 2 mph? That's what it reminded me of.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Holy Cow when are you coming home?!?!??!?!?!?

Cathy said...

It was so great to see you guys! Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to hang out with us! It did a world of good for Emma and I to see our good friends while we are feeling so displaced. Safe and happy travels when you return home!