Friday, July 11, 2008

It's Contagious

Shower anyone? I just got back from girls camp. I was so excited to go. I've missed being with the young women but the timing was difficult. There is so much going on right now and we had to change plans around so I could go. Then there are the obvious sacrifices like arranging childcare, using Matt's vacation time, etc. It was so worth it!!! I don't know if I've ever felt so much love and admiration for the young women--and not just the ones from our ward.
One of the things I was in charge of was to provide All Star papers (baseball theme) for the YW to anonymously spotlight each others' good deeds. After reading some to the group, we would tape them up around the dining hall for all to see. We started off with 200. I thought that would be more than enough. We had to go make more copies twice! Many girls that had few friends were still receiving them. Matt helped me connect the dots since I'm a little slow--it was no coincidence that I felt more love and admiration for the girls this year. So...we may be trying this at home.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

OK totally not related to your post but I never knew Allison Krauss sang baby be mine. She is one of my favorite singers and it is one of my favorite songs! Thanks!

April said...

I am so glad that you are up and running with the blog thing. Fun to see your family and happenings. Can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

heather, you are so good! the girls are lucky to have you there. i'm like hummm miss school, use drew's vacation time, all so i can go camping!...ummm...not so much. but you, you're a rock star. seriously i totally look up to you. glad you had a great time.

Cathy said...

Thank heavens for people like you! You are awesome and the YW are so lucky to have you. I had awesome leaders as a YW and it makes all the difference in the world!