Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Don't Ya Love 'em?

So unbelievably I've continued with my running. I love it and miss it on days I'm unable to run. I'll even be driving somewhere, hear a song that I run to, and have an insatiable desire to pull over and start running. It's a cool feeling.

Don't get me wrong. There are days when I want to plop down on the lawn of a stranger but the feeling of finishing my goal without stopping is too great to pass up.

My favorite thing lately and really my greatest motivator is my five year old little girl. No, I'm not saying my desire to be healthy for my children's future motivates me to be a better person. Are you kidding? I'm not that good of a planner. It's more about this...

After Lucy boards her midday bus I run. Since her bus has so many stops, I get about 2 miles away before it passes me. I won't let myself turn around until it does. She loves watching and waving to me! If there's a day I'm not running, she's sad. Apparently it's becoming a pastime for the other kids on the bus as well. I make a goofy face and act like I'm racing the bus...um...after I'm sure the bus driver can't see me any more;) Lucy told me yesterday that I "make each children laugh." That's enough for me.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

That's awesome, Heather. I'm so proud of you. And I bet you're a total celebrity with the kindergarten crowd!

I was thinking the other day that I needed to sign up for another race. The Seattle Marathon and 1/2 marathon is the last Sunday in November . . . what do you think?

Blaire Ostler said...

dude, that's so awesome. i saw you running and it made me think about running myself, but i thougt naw...i'm pregnant:) but good for you!:)

sixlayerdip said...

Good for you Heather! There is an even better option than the Seattle 1/2 in November. There is a 1/2 marathon from the Eiffel Tower to Versaille every September!!! Uh huh!!! Wanna run it with me next September? :) Think about it and Sarah A. is invited too! You can stay with me and we'll take the train down the night before...think about it!! Miss you BTW! Tell Lucy and Molly hi from Sophie!

Jennifer said...

Wow Heather, I remeber you talking about how much you hate running. Now look at you, you're considering a race! I bet that every single kid on the bus does laugh, I can totally picture the funny faces you make every morning. Maybe you could sign autographs at some track club event.

Erin said...

I am so impressed Heather! After talking with some friends who have run marathons, I was inspired to try running yesterday. I just about died! I am glad you are sticking with it. Maybe if I stick with I will get past the dying phase, but no guarantees!

Sara said...

I love it that you love running so much. It is such a great feeling when you finally get to that point where you enjoy doing it. Thanks for the 411 on the THanksgiving 10K. I guess I need to start running a little harder!!!