Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thank you Webster

Lucy has been very interested in doing her own make up lately. She loves her little make up kit. She does a pretty good job too--darker shadow in the crease and corner. She even does lip liner. (How does she know this already?) This morning I noticed quite a mess of powder on the little vanity in her room.

Mom: "Let's clean this up so it doesn't ruin the carpet."

Lucy: "What does ruin mean?"

She totally knows. She just likes to talk.

Mom: "You know, like to destroy."

Lucy: "Obliterated?"

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Yep, I'd say she knows what "ruin" means if she knows what "obliterated" means! She must have an older brother to have that word on the tip of her tongue! :)

Miles said...

Am I the older brother? I guess, but mom, when did you plan on posting on dad and me? What's that you say? WHAT?! your were just about to post about lucy AGAIN?! Oh, no. Here comes another round of lucy quotes! How could you be so cold? I'm jelouse!

You know, I wanted to use bigger words like flabergasted and antidisistablishmentarianism (real word) to just prove the point about what Cathy commented about, but I couldn't fit them in. I am so abhorrent (it's Roget's 21's century thesouris, but it will have to do to prove the point. Sorry if it's a bad word or something).

Miles said...

Miles just found out what "abhorrent" means. Hee hee.

(Love Dad)

P.S. Miles is NOT abhorrent. He does sometimes obliterate things - like old electronics.

Millers! said...

Heather I LOVE these little chats with Lucy! they crack me up!