Friday, January 7, 2011

My Little Artist

Lucy has been talking for years about her dreams of the future.  She wants to live in Paris (used to be New York--she's branching out) and have an art studio.  Her husband will stay home with the kids while she paints and delivers her paintings to the art museum.  I proceeded to tell her about Minerva Teichert and the amazing artist she was while raising children at the same time.  She got all excited about that and said she'd just hire a babysitter when she needed to run to the museum.

For Christmas this year Lucy got a little easel and some painting supplies which she uses often.  She has even decorated her easel with glitter glue.

Today Lucy's first grade class is going to the Tacoma Art Museum for a field trip.  She has been SO excited!  I'm not sure what she's expecting.  This morning she said, "I love art museums.  It feels like where I'm born."  I love this girl.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love her too. She is hilarious. So much personality, and you are such great parents to feed her interests and encourage her dreams. Good work.

Stephanie Saunders said...

Uh, did you give birth in a museum and never told me that story?

She is an absolute riot.